- Elsevier, 2020. ISBN: 978-0-1281-8778-4
- The second edition maintains the short and to-the-point concept of the essentials
(see First Edition further down): A book on feedback controls that has fewer than 1000 pages!
- Feedback Controls -- The Essentials covers mathematical modeling, analysis and deisgn
of linear feedback controls. This book is intended to be a concise overview with few, but
relevant, examples that guide the reader throughout the book. The Essentials
covers key concepts (time-domain and frequency-domain methods), but is intentionally brief
on other concepts.
- This book consistently juxtaposes continuous and time-discrete controls, thus paving the way
to understanding digital control systems
- A whole chapter is dedicated to typical applications to provide a link between theory
and practice. In the second edition, this chapter has been significantly expanded and now includes
start-to-end design examples. Those are selected applications in which a full control solution
complete with circuit schematics and measured signals is provided.
Applications and designs examples include temperature, speed and position control,
unstable systems (inverted pendulum), phase-locked loops, oscillators, and audio amplifiers.
- If applicable, the continuous examples are complemented by their digital counterparts, e.g.,
oscillators and direct digital synthesis, DC motors and step motors, analog audio and class-D
(digital) audio amplifiers.
- New chapters on state-space models, robustness, and design of control systems
- The book features one of the most comprehensive Laplace-domain correspondence tables available.
- Get table of contents
Link to publisher's web site
Linear Feedback Controls at Amazon